French food Friday...petit pots de creme au cafe

{photo from here}


This week's recipe involves one of my favourite ingredients..cafe!


Ingredients:
4 eggs
3 tb Sugar
2 cups milk
1 tb Kahlua
3 tb Strong-brewed coffee
1 tb Extra-fine instant coffee


Method:

Preheat oven to 275. Place eggs, sugar, and coffees in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add the Kahlua and milk. Fill 4 custard cups with the mixture. Place in a deep baking pan filled with 1 inch hot water. Bake in oven for 45 min. or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Bon appetit et tres bon vendredi a tous....Leeann x

Comments

  1. Bonjour Leeann. You have spoiled us with this recipe. I am very tempted and will try making it over the weekeend! I loved my "petits pots de creme" back in France; cafe, chocolat, you name it. Merci beaucoup! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I heard someone from France calling my name. This is one of my favorites and with the Kahlua, wow.
    Will have to try this.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious (and incredibly adorable!). Thanks for the recipe!

    http://www.allgoodthingstoday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks and sounds so good and would knock me off my diabetes diet for sure, maybe a bite or two wouldn't hurt

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love your blog !
    Have a nice day !
    https://www.facebook.com/AFrenchFamilyCooking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Leeann,

    Thanks for this great French recipe! We got lots of petite Weck glasses for serving it in; that will look very special.
    Have a great weekend.
    Love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Leeann. Coincidentally, I made a coffee custard yesterday and it is fine, but probably would be much better with Kahlua! Great idea. Next time, I guess. Have a wonderful weekend. xo~LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment