Play the minimalist game with me...


How stunning is this tulip arrangement?  Simple but very chic.

Why I am looking at flowers when I am supposed to be thinking about decluttering the house, I do not know.

I read an article which said in order to get yourself into decluttering code, you should start by doing 15 minutes a day.

Last time I started with thinking about throwing away some of my interior decoration magazines and in order to decide which  ones should go, I started to flick through them.

Needless to say a lot of time went by and not a lot were discarded.

I think I prefer the minimalist game approach instead as it means I have a couple of weeks before I need to start...

How to cultivate the minimalist game in your home:

  • Beginning on the first day of a month, the minimalist game asks that you declutter a certain number of items from your home corresponding to the day of the month. 
  • To break it down, this means that you will get rid of one item on the first day, two items on the second day, three on the third, and so on. 
  • By the end of a 31-day month, you will have removed 496 items from your home (if you play all the way through).
  • By starting small and increasing over time, the hope is that you will build confidence in your decision-making abilities and get increasingly better at letting go of stuff.
  • As per The Minimalists’ website, the game works better if you find a “friend, family member, or coworker who’s willing to minimize their stuff with you,” as they will hold you accountable each day.
So if anyone feels like joining me, send me a message and we can play this game starting on the 1st of March.

A demain mes belles ♥

Leeann x 






Comments