French Food Friday - 2- Ingredient Marzipan Cake



I had a block of marzipan sitting in the  cupboard and yesterday I decided to use it. 

After a quick search on the internet, I decided to give this recipe a try. I  must admit I was rather intrigued as I have never made a cake with just 2 ingredients.

It was very simple to make and French Boyfriend loved it. So did his family and it was only when he told me he liked the cake, I realised I had not taken a photo.

Hence I have used the photo from the site where I found the recipe.


2- Ingredient Marzipan Cake

Ingredients

400 g marzipan

8 eggs

icing sugar and strawberries for decoration, optional


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cut the marzipan into small pieces and place them in the food processor. Add the eggs two at a time and mix until you have a smooth paste with no lumps in it.

Butter a springform (26 cm/10-inch diameter), and pour the batter into it.

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.

Turn down the heat to 110 degrees Celsius/ 230 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 65-70 more minutes until lightly golden.

Start checking after 50 minutes at 110 degrees Celsius/ 230 degrees Fahrenheit by sticking a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out clean, with no bits sticking to it. If there are still bits sticking to it, continue baking and check every 5 minutes.

Turn off the heat and leave the cake another 10 minutes in the oven. Take it out, let it rest in the form for about 15 minutes, remove from the form, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Dust with icing sugar if you wish. 

Serving idea - you could make it in a ring tin and serve with raspberries in the centre or even smother it with chocolate. 


Bon vendredi ♥♥ Leeann x

Comments