French food Friday - Nutella Dipped Frozen Bananas

Photo and recipe from the Kitchen Confident 

I must admit I had never tried Nutella before my arrival in France.

French boyfriend loves it and our younger guests adore it. I have got used to the taste and I am always on the look out for new recipes using Nutella. Freezing bananas is relatively new to me but I froze a few a month ago and they are a great and refreshing snack.

Hence when I saw this recipe I thought this is a great idea and I am planning on making some this weekend.....

INGREDIENTS
3 ripe but firm bananas
1 cup Nutella
crushed nuts, coconut, sprinkles for garnish (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
Peel and halve the bananas crosswise. Insert a popsicle or lollipop stick into each half. Place the bananas on a parchment lined baking sheet and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Place the Nutella in a small bowl. Roll each banana in the Nutella or spread using a small spatula. If you find your Nutella is too firm, you can warm it very briefly (15 seconds or so) in the microwave, stir it well, and roll the bananas to coat. Garnish with nuts, coconut, or sprinkles if you wish. Place the bananas back on the parchment lined sheet and return to the freezer to chill for 30 minutes, then enjoy!



Merci encore to the kitchen confident for the fabulous recipe.

Bon vendredi ♥♥ Leeann x 




Comments