This week's recipe comes from one of my favourite non-French chefs: the fabulous and often controversial Gordon Ramsay.
Gordon Ramsay's Lemon & Poppyseed Madeleines
3 medium eggs 80g caster sugar 1 tbsp honey 80g plain flour – plus extra for dusting 40g ground almonds 75g unsalted butter , melted, plus extra for the tin
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Rind of one lemon zested
- Use either an electric beater or a whisk to beat the eggs, sugar, and honey together in a bowl until the mixture is pale and thick enough to leave a ribbon trail.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices into another bowl. Gradually fold into the whisked eggs until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and the lemon zest.
- Slowly slip the cooled butter down the side of the bowl and fold in very gently and carefully. Cover and set aside.
- To bake the Madeleines, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Generously butter, then flour, the Madeleines or bun tins. Spoon the batter into the tins and bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of the tins.
- When the Madeleines are golden and baked all the way through, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes. Tip out of the tin and bake another batch, if you need to.
bon fin de semaine à tous, Leeann x