Gluten free

Gluten free raspberry and lemon muffins

Bonjour mes belles,

I cannot believe it has been over a week since my last post. I have been trialing some gluten free recipes as we have some guests arriving who are allergic to gluten.

Sourcing the ingredients has been harder that I thought that it would be and France does not offer a huge range of gluten free products and those that are on offer are ridiculously expensive and do not look very appetizing.

Yesterday I tried making gluten free bread which turned out okay but when I inspected it this morning,it is hard like a rock.

Hence I think that the bread is going to take a few more attempts on my part.

As I write this I have a batch of raspberry and lemon muffins in the oven, which were a hit with our non gluten-free guests last week.

Back to the drawing board I must go as the guests are staying for a few days and I want to try making some gluten free biscuits next.

à très bientot, Leeann x 


Comments

  1. Wow, they look beautiful. I was hoping for the recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I will post the recipe this Friday.

      à très bientot,
      Leeann

      Delete
  2. Leeann, have you tried the new bio shop in Bergerac ? It is called Le Marché de Leopold and is on the next roundabout after MacDo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerrie, we visited last week but we were very disappointed in the products on offer and they did not have a lot of gluten free flour etc.
      We normally shop at biocoop in Bergerac and although it is small, we prefer it to the new flashy shop. Ironically we found the best gluten free flour at Carrefour ;-)
      BFN, Leeann x

      Delete
  3. The muffins look irresistible. It has taken me many attempts to make gluten free bread successfully - I usually increase the liquid in the recipe. I have found my local French bio shop very helpful. Thankfully I'm not gluten intolerant because I love the breads from our local boulangerie. Bon weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it will take me a few attempts to get the bread right. I am happy that I am not allergic to gluten but it has been an eye opener ;-)
      Guests loved all of the gluten free baking as did French Boyfriend.
      bonne semaine à toi, Leeann x

      Delete

Post a Comment