in the mood to paint...

 Bonjour from a chilly France,

The grand froid has hit our shores and we woke to minus 5 this morning. For the next couple of weeks it is going to remain cold and gives me an excuse to spend more time on projects.

I am not sure about you but I have a large list of things to do before Spring arrives. 

It has been a while since I last had my paint brush out and  we have a number of objects that need painting. I am a fan of  Annie Sloan paints and love the fact that you can paint directly onto the object with very little preparation required.

This is one of our latest projects, I did the painting and the waxing and French Boyfriend, the patine.

Louis XV style furniture seems to love being painted and the effect is fabulous. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photos of it before we painted it but will try and remember for the next objects to be painted.


au revoir from a freezing France, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Hello, I came across your blog only a few minutes ago so haven't had a chance to enjoy reading it yet - but I've just seen the piece about Annie Sloan paint! I thought I would have to leave it behind when I moved to France from the UK six months ago, and now I'm thinking that it must be available here, maybe online? Or are there any actual shops that stock it? I'd love to know if there are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, there are stockists of Annie Sloan in France. If you have a look at her website you should find a link for stockists in Europe.
      Have fun painting, Leeann

      Delete

Post a Comment