photo and recipe from here
Wow what a week it has been and I am in the mood to make a sweet treat. Raspberries are a favorite of mine and frangipane is a favorite of French Boyfriend's so this is a match made in heaven.
Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Cuisine: Dessert, Pastry, Tart,
for the pastry
- 200g flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 125g cold butter, diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
for the filling
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 2ml almond essence
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 150g ground almonds
- 50g flour
- 200g raspberries
- 5 tablespoons raspberry preserves/jam
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles chunky breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and with the motor running, add the ice water, spoon by spoon until the pastry comes together and forms a ball.
- Remove from the processor and wrap in cling film. Place in the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- When the pastry has chilled, roll out to fit your tart dish and line the bottom and sides.
- To make the frangipane filling, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the essence, eggs and egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Fold in the ground almonds and flour and set aside.
- Spread the raspberry preserves over the pastry (to cover the bottom surface) and dollop on the Frangipane mixture.
- Spread and smooth the creamy filling and dot the surface with the fresh raspberries.
- Place the tart in the oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
- When the tart is baked, remove from the oven and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
bon fin de semaine à tous, Leeann x