French Food Friday...Coconut Almond Madeleines
recipe and photo from here
Apologies for the lateness of this post but I got waylaid with guests. I love making madeleines and am always on the look out for a new recipe. If you love coconut, you will love this recipe.
Coconut Almond Madeleines
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ⅔ cup(80 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup(100 g) sugar
- ½ teaspoons grated lemon(I used lime)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla flavor
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, (85 gram, 3 ounce)melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons( 1 ounce, 28grams) unsalted butter or Baking spray (madeleines pans)
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Bake ½ cup coconut flakes in the oven on 350 degrees, for about 10 minutes until some parts turn brown. Let it cool
- Thoroughly butter and flour the madeleine pans or just use a baking spray
- In a small saucepan, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter( I just microwave it) Let cool to room temperature
- Shift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Then, add the baked coconut flakes to the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and lime zest, using a hand mixer or you may use a stand mixer, until pale and slightly thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients gently into the egg mixture making sure you do not to deflate the egg mixture.
- Gradually add cooled melted butter in steady stream, beating just until blended.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using a spoon and rubber spatula, drop a rounded tablespoonful of batter into each Madeleine indention about ¾ full. You need 2 madeleine pans.
- Bake the madeleine’s for 12 to 14 minutes, until they spring back when pressed. Tap the madeleine out onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and let it cool. Dust with coconut flakes, if desired.
bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x