French Food Friday...Raspberry and Lemon Curd Madeleines



recipe and photo from here

Bonjour mes belles,

I bought some frozen raspberries to make some raspberry friands which went down  a treat and now I have half a bag to use up. 
As you all know I am a huge fan of Rachel Khoo who cooks up a storm in her small but perfectly arranged, Parisian kitchen. Hence when I saw this recipe I knew that it was written for me.


Raspberry and Lemon Curd Madeleines

Ingredients

For the madeleines

  • 3 free-range eggs
  • 130g/4½oz sugar
  • 200g/7oz plain flour
  • 10g/¼oz baking powder
  • 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest only
  • 20g/¾oz honey
  • 4 tbsp milk
  • 200g/7oz butter, melted and cooled
  • punnet of raspberries
  • icing sugar, for dusting

For the lemon curd

  • 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest and juice only
  • pinch of salt
  • 40g/1½oz sugar
  • 45g/1¾oz butter
  • 2 free-range egg yolks

Comments

  1. So pretty! Raspberry and lemon or raspberry and rhubarb are such good combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I really want a madeleine pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to find one on amazon Cathleen I have just ordered a cannele pan as I want to try making some of my own. The trick is not to overfill the mould and is a case of less is more :-)
      amicalement,Leeann

      Delete
  3. For some strange reason, we have a madeleine pan and my husband has actually made madeleines a few times, but these look scrumptious.
    I'd love it if you'd play along with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulita I will try and remember for next week :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment