a day out...

Yesterday we had a day out and what a fabulous day it was. We visited the water lily gardens that inspired Claude Monet to purchase some plants and go on to paint his famous water lily paintings. 

We are lucky that the gardens are only a 45 minute drive away and May is the perfect month to visit as this is the month when they start to bloom... 
 Such a beautiful and tranquil place, it is as if you are magically transported to another world.

The gardens are classified as they are an important part of France's history. You can read  about that history here.


The gardens also contain a lovely lake and a rose covered walk way which was heavenly as all of the roses were in bloom.


I could have spent the day here just wandering around and taking photos. Unfortunately I took so many photos of the  water lilies that my phone battery ran flat which meant that I could not take photos of our lunch at a nearby restaurant.

 Note it is possible to eat at the gardens and our guests ate there yesterday and were most impressed. We will leave this for our next visit as we chose to eat in a restaurant in a nearby village that is normally always full so jumped at the chance to get a table at just short notice.


A fabulous day out and a must do if you are ever in the area....

The photo above is one of my favourites and the flower is such a fabulous colour.



You can see why my phone battery ran flat as everywhere you looked there were so many beautiful flowers...

à demain, Leeann x

Comments

  1. you can also see why Monet was inspired.
    Its funny, we all love 'a day out'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful! I have been to see Monet's garden but not here. I must put this on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment