French Food Friday...Mandarin and Cranberry Friands
Bonjour mes belles,
As requested by one of my lovely followers on Facebook, here is the recipe for the friands that I made last weekend.
Note if you do not have a friand pan, a muffin pan will do.
Mandarin and Cranberry Friands
Makes around 10 friands
160g ground almonds
240g sifted icing sugar
60 sifted plain flour
6 medium egg whites
48 fresh cranberries (dried will do if fresh are not available)
4 mandarins, zest only
2 Tablespoons caster sugar
2 Tablespoons flaked almonds
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Melt the butter gently and leave to cool slightly.
- Sift the icing sugar and flour into a bowl, stir in ground almonds and mix well. In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they are frothy.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg whites and orange zest. Combine well and then add the melted butter.
- Toss the cranberries with the sugar in a small bowl.
- Grease the friand pan and then place the mixture into the pan, be careful not to overfill. Top with the cranberries and the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
très bon week-end à tous, Leeann x