Bonjour mes belles,
A week ago I posted a photo of my latest batch of madeleines on our facebook page and was asked if I had a favourite recipe. I have tried a lot of madeleine recipes and this is one that I like best.
In the past I have used recipes that melt the butter whereas this recipe uses creamed butter and I think that the end result speaks for itself.
For 24 madeleines
40g ground almonds
3 small eggs
1 egg white
130g salted butter at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 orange (zested)
A bit of honey
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Zest the orange then place in a pot with a some water and a bit of honey and cook until tender.
- Brush madeleine tins with some melted butter.
- Cream butter then add sugar and ground almonds and mix well.
- Whisk the 3 eggs together then add to the butter mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Then add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Whisk the egg white until peaks form. Fold into butter mixture.
- Place the mixture into the madeleine tin, be careful do not over fill the tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and place to cool on a rack.
très bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x