Le fumoir de Monsieur...

photo from here

Bonjour mes belles,

I am back in design mode and this morning I am working on the design on the small living area of Maison No.26.

It is a small area hence I am thinking something cosy with a fabulous comfortable couch along with a bibliotheque filled with books and dvds.

Everything sounds so much nicer in French....bookcase is not a particularly lovely word whereas bibliotheque seems to roll off the tongue and sounds so sophisticated.

I have a plain sheet of paper where the sejour is concerned and as yet I have not sourced an item so I am fairly flexible as to colours etc. There is no natural light in this part of the house so I am thinking that I may have a darkish colour on one of the walls.

Along with the comfortable couch I am looking for a reading type chair, one of those wing back style that is perfect for sinking into with a good book.

It would also make a perfect upholstery project so all I have to do now if find one, easier said that done as I have been looking for a while and yet to find one that I like and is within budget.

On that note I must leave you and continue my search.....

à demain, Leeann






Comments

  1. Leeann it sounds like you have a lot to be researching and taking time to be on the hunt for a great find! Enjoy!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds very cozy and yes: everything sounds much better in French!!
    Susan.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment