a morning well spent...



Salut from a very sunny SW France,

Here is the result of yesterday's upholstery class. The part that took me the longest to complete was removing all the tacks and it is not my most favourite of tasks.

After the lesson I finished another identical pad for a matching chair and started work on French Boyfriend's antique dog bed which to me looks like a tiny foot stool but happy that it is small as I am hoping that it will not take long to complete...

I am looking forward to spending the winter months tackling a range of upholstery projects and learning more about this fascinating skill.

We are very lucky to have such a fabulous and very patient teacher so I am making the best of this opportunity.

Meanwhile French Boyfriend is busy hunting through his stock of items that he wants recovered so think that I will be needing quite a few lessons.

à très bientot, Leeann x





Comments

  1. Leeann this chair is beautifully done and I love it! How great to have an upholstery teacher who is willing to teach so many new things! I am excited to see more!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Stunning Fine Art Photography by Darryll Schiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your great restoration. Furniture with history is always more appealing to me than new pieces. I'm following your progress with interest as I have some chairs to restore thanks to M. Hugo who loves to sharpen his claws on specific items. (Clipping his claws doesn't significantly reduces their ability to damage!) Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that, a morning very well spent indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment