j'aime les fraises...



When I was a young girl growing up in New Zealand we used to go and pick strawberries, it is called PYO and I am not sure if this exists these days.

I am sure that I ate more than I picked and fortunately they only weighed the strawberries....warm strawberries with very cold ice-cream, beat eaten quickly!

This morning they were selling freshly picked strawberries on the market so I bought a couple of punnets. The smell wafting from my panier was intoxicating and of course I just had to try a few.....

The ones that you see above, are the ones that lasted the short walk from the market stand to chez moi.....perhaps a more grown up approach to buying strawberries but I would adore to be back in New Zealand picking strawberries, there is something about summer in NZ....those fabulous long hazy days that just seem to go on and on.

On this note I must leave you as it is lunch time here in France so enough day dreaming for me....

à demain, Leeann x  

Comments

  1. Leeann, you need a strawberry patch, or at least a few pots of your own. We have been picking from our patch for weeks and I even made strawberry jam last weekend just to use them up. Looking forward to the next fruit crop which will be the figs. Don't you just love spring and summer fruits ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...a really nice picture!
    Have a great weekend,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called "U-Pick" in a lot of places here in Canada and still available, at least in farming communities. Much cheaper than in the store!
    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment