two lessons later...



Bonjour mes belles,

I hope that you are having a nice Easter break.  This morning I attended my 2nd reupholstery lesson and managed to get the chair finished including the double piping. It has been a very long time since I last touched a sewing machine so I was happy to do the few couple of metres and then let the teacher take over.

This is the chair that I started with.....

 
 
and after a couple of coats of Annie Sloan old white chalk paint and a recover in antique linen fabric, this is the finished result....
 
 
 

  
 
 
The chair is one of a pair that I purchased at a local vide grenier and I am planning on covering the 2nd chair in similar fabric.  
 
Merci to the lovely Deborah who is a fabulous teacher and has the most fabulous atelier here in the village of Eymet.
 
I had a fabulous time and I am already looking forward to working together on my next project which is more than a simple recover as it needs serious attention.
 
Future projects include recovering an antique French corbeille bed plus make a matching ciel de lit......what fun! I feel like a child in a candy shop despite having burn my finger on a very hot glue gun this morning.
 
à très bientot,
 
Leeann x
 
 

Comments

  1. You did a beautiful job! That chair is now exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the redo of this chair... Now I feel inspired...
    Wonderful job!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done , you must be very satisfied with the result.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment