love old postcards....

 



Bonjour from a sunny SW France,

We were hunting through lots of old postcards yesterday when we came across these antique cards relating to Eymet, the village that we live in and that French Boyfriend was born in.


 
We no longer have a railway station in Eymet, this building is now the Notaire's offices.

  
This is the village square which has not changed in over 100 years apart from the trees that no longer exist as it is now parking. I prefer it with the trees....


Love the card pictured above which features the words "a thought from Eymet"......

 
 
I am particularly fond of postcards that feature people as I think that it makes them more interesting and funnily enough old postcards with people in them, often have a higher value than those without.
 
Unfortunately I did not find any of my house, which used to be an old hotel, but will keep looking.
 
à demain, Leeann x 
 

Comments