Bonjour mes belles,
I am in the food for making a favourite recipe of mine and it is a great way to use up left over pieces of baguette. It is delicious hot or cold......
Baguette & Butter Pudding
- One Large Baguette
- Sultanas or Dried Cranberries, or Both
- 4 Large, Free Range Eggs
- Caster Sugar
- Double Cream
- Demerara Sugar
- Apricot Jam
- Baileys Adjust Quantities to Taste
- Grease an Oval Dish.
- Thinly Slice the Baguette and Butter on both sides. Layer the bread in the dish, sprinkling with the Dried Fruit between Layers.
- Make a custard using 2 egg yolks, 2 complete eggs, 150g caster sugar, 300ml Milk, 300ml Double Cream and 4tbsp Baileys (or more to taste!)
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the Custard over the bread and press down lightly with your fingers, so that the bread is submerged. Leave to soak for 15-20mins.
- Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and bake in an oven at about 150C for 40-50 minutes.
- Heat The apricot jam and brush over the baked dessert. Leave to stand for 15 minutes as the custard will keep cooking as it cools. Yummy!
Bon appetit, Leeann x