recipe and photo from here
Bonjour mes belles,
With yesterday being a public holiday in France and our village holding a vide-grenier, which normally only take place on Sundays, has resulted in a very disorientated "moi".
I found a few treasures, including a couple of fabulous antique mannequins, I promise to reveal details over the next day or so.
Love the word "mocha" and as a lover of both chocolate and cafe, this recipe really appeals to me and hope that you like it as much as I do....
Mocha Pots de Crème
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 45 grams unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) instant espresso powder
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings (optional), for garnish
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Put on a kettle of water to boil. In a medium saucepan, bring cream and sugar to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add chocolate and espresso powder. Let stand 1 minute; stir until chocolate melts and coffee dissolves. Whisk in yolks and vanilla until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 2 (6-ounce) heart-shaped or round ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in an 8-inch-square baking pan. Pour hot water into pan so that it comes halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 25 minutes or until almost set in centers. Remove ramekins to a wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm and soft, or refrigerate up to 1 day. Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
...bon appetit à tous, Leeann x