french food friday...spinach and bacon quiche

 

Bonjour from a still sunny and hot SW France,

This week's recipe  comes direct from ma cuisine  and was made as a result of having too much spinach in the house and having to use it as it was getting a bit past it's best.

End result a very yummy quiche which French boyfriend adored and prospective French guests were impressed by as when they arrived I had my apron on and there was a lovely smell wafting out  of the kitchen. I had made bread in the morning followed by the quiche so French Boyfriend was most impressed by this burst of domestic goddess like activity.....   I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

 Spinach and Bacon Quiche

 

Ingredients


  • 6 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
  • 250 grams bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 packet ready made pastry

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges. 

bon appetit à tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. I don't know that I'm skilled enough for this but it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is something I’ve been looking for for the past months, a new pizza recipe with a zing! This is definitelty it! My, how could I ever thank you enough for being my angel? Thank you so so much. You are an answer to my prayers. My friends are already sick of my pasta recipes so I decided to change it for our reunion next week. Thanks again!

    from Janet Goldstein at Online PhD Schools

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Would you be happy to link it in to the current Food on Friday which is all about French inspired Food? This is the link . I do hope to see you there. There are already a lot of links for you to check out. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment