photo from here
I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Gordon Ramsey and when he says that this is his favourite recipe then it must be good.
Gordon says: ‘Whenever I’m asked for my favourite recipe, this is the one. It has a divine melting texture and the liquid centre is sublime.’
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
You will need
1. Heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3. Butter four 7.5cm dariole moulds (ideally non-stick) or ramekins and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm up the butter.
2. Butter the moulds again and dust liberally with cocoa powder. Place in the fridge while you prepare the fondant mixture.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water. Take off the heat and stir until smooth.
4. Using an electric whisk, beat the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then fold in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the liqueur, followed by the flour.
5. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly among the ramekins and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.