french food friday....chocolate hot pot
photo and recipe from here
Bonjour à tous,
In view of the fact that it is still chilly here, today's recipe is a hot one but cooled down when served with lovely cooling melt in the mouth ice cream....
Makes: 10 Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour cooling time Cooking time: 12 minutes
You will need
1. Roughly chop the chocolate and butter and place the pieces in a bowl.
2. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure they do not get too hot. Remove the bowl from the pan, and stir the chocolate and butter together well with a spatula. Allow to cool slightly, but keep warm.
3. Put the eggs and egg yolks into a separate bowl and whisk slowly with an electric mixer. Add the sugar gradually, a few spoonfuls at a time (this will help aerate the eggs), and continue whisking until the mixture turns pale yellow and holds a ribbon trail when the mixer is lifted.
4. Using the spatula, gently fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture (taking care not to collapse the aerated eggs). Transfer to a container, cover and leave to relax in the fridge for an hour (or up to three days).
5. When you are ready to bake the hot pots, preheat the oven to 210°C/410°F/gas mark 6 ½.