1800's documents....new arrival


There is something about very old documents that makes  them very special. Perhaps it is the way in which they are so carefully written, the hand writing is so beautiful and it is rare to find anything that is hand written now days.....




They lend themselves to a number of uses, I use mine when photographing stock for fabulously french but think that they look fabulous when framed and displayed on a wall, as shown in the photo below.







I have a number of these to photograph and list, you will find details of the ones that I have listed to-date here, here and here.

à trés bientot, Leeann x

Comments

  1. They are really beautiful, I also like to collect antique books, they have somethign special too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, in the US, schools are doing away with cursive writing. Guess all the computer typing etc. just make it obsolete which is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I was just going to comment about this, too. I live in central Ohio and it saddens me how young adults can't read cursive writing. My sister teaches a night class to young adults and they ask her to print on the board because they have trouble reasing cursive. If I were a parent I'd teach my child penmanship.

      Delete
  3. What a great find, they are really special. Handwritten documents, letters, etc seem to catch a moment in time on the page, recording the thoughts and concerns of the writer, and even their movements in the flourish of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the concept of framing them and hanging them as a set...inspiring, thanks Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want some design chair inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment