un balcon sur la mer...

Bonjour from a sunny but chilly SW France,

Last night we watched a French film called "Un balcon sur la mer", which we both really enjoyed and I was particularly taken with the beautiful  locations most of which set in the South of France. My favourite of which, was a fabulous apartment which I really could see myself living in......

 "Un balcon sur la mer" is  both an entertaining and intelligent movie, with brillant acting from one of my favourite French actors;  Jean Dujardin and  Marie-Josée Croze.




Happily married with a daughter, Marc is a successful real estate agent in Aix-en-Provence. One day, he has an appointment with a woman to view a traditional country house. A few hours later, Marc finally puts a name to her face. It's Cathy, the girl he was in love with growing up in Oran, Algeria, in the last days of the French colonial regime. Marc hurries to her hotel. They spend the night together. Then she's gone again. And Marc's mother tells him Cathy never left Algeria. She was killed with her father in a bombing just before independence..

I found it to be both an entertaining and intelligent movie, with brillant acting from one of my favourite French actors;  Jean Dujardin and I thought Marie-Josée Croze was well chosen for her role.

So if you are looking for an interesting French film, I think that you would like this one......I will be watching it again just to admire those stunning locations.

....à tres bientot, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Perhaps I will see it on my AF flights...and the views of Provence will prepare me for landing in the South! Thank you for the film review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a good french film!
    I've made a note and hope it comes here sometime soon.
    How has this Winter been for you?
    NZ is having the best Summer ever - it's like the ones of childhood Summers long ago. Hot sunny days and long balmy evenings - perfect!
    À bientôt
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited to see this film. any other great french films to recommend. i especially love the beautiful interiors and countryside scenes. i want to see Bel Ami also. i love your blog and shop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment