Movie Night...Bel Ami



Bonjour mes belles,

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. Last night we watched the film; Bel Ami and we both enjoyed it.


It is based on the novel  Bel Ami  written by  French author Guy de Maupassant's which was published in 1885.
The story chronicles journalist Georges Duroy's corrupt rise to power from a poor ex-NCO to one of the most successful men in Paris, most of which he achieves by manipulating a series of powerful, intelligent, and wealthy mistresses.


The set design was incredible and I could watch it over and over again, just to take it the fabulous rooms full of beautiful furniture and decorative objects...........


The beds are stunning and I feel that this one really made the "love nest".



Loved the attention to detail which I feel, really made the film.


For details and photos from the movie click here.

I am now off to hopefully finish painting, which is taking longer than I thought it would.

à demain, Leeann x



Comments

  1. Looks like a movie I would like! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to watch this! My daughter and I recently watched the Well Diggers Daughter and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I am always looking for something new to watch and if it's French...even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment