Week-end ❤ Tresors...



Bonjour mes amies,

A busy morning so please excuse the lateness of this post. As promised in yesterday's post I am going to show you what I found on Sunday, there was not a lot of tresaure to be had but I was happy with my finds......

The first was something that French Boyfriend actually found first and was trying to call me when I arrived on the scene. Silly me in the sleepy state that I was in on a rainy morning at 7am, thinking I would rather be snuggled up in bed, forgot to turn my mobile on hence FBF was not impressed when I finally appeared as he had been trying to call me and in the meantime, this particular stand was crawling with antique dealers.

Fortunately? FBF had managed to charm the seller and get her to hold them for me as we have bought from this particular antique dealer in the past.

Here are some photos of OUR first treasure, a fabulous vintage butterfly collection...


A closeup of one of the beautiful specimens....



They really are stunning and each is beautiful in it's own right.


They are housed in a special box from Deyrolle, the shop in Paris famous for its naturalised animals.


Some new arrivals at Deyrolle......

My other find was two louis style chairs, which I plan to paint and then find someone to help recover them, so if anyone is good at this, please drop me a line.



Here is a close up of one of the chairs, both are identical....



Unfortunately these were my only finds and you can imagine me carrying a chair and the butterflies in the pouring rain a good kilometre, complete with umbrella so that the chair did not get wet! 

FBF kindly carried the other along with a large painting that he found, hence he was muttering some unkind French words, along with why did I not buy small things like most people.....

Back to the ironing I must go.....a woman's work is never done.


à demain mes belles, Leeann x

p.s. the butterfly collection is for sale but collection is preferred due to the fragile nature of the item.  

Comments

Post a Comment