I ❤ Toile de jouy .......



There is some thing about toile de jouy that is ever lasting, maybe it is the romance in the scences that it depicts, conjuring up images of a simpler life, with wonderfully detailed often dream like designs.

Whether a piece of worn 18th century toile de jouy or a modern day design, I love them all.

I partuculary love the red designs and think that a touch of red makes a world of difference on a grey winter's day.

The cushion, that you see above, is part of our new stock at Fabulously French and this particular design depicts Diane the huntress.


We also have a pair of curtains in the same fabric which would look equally as good when used as window coverings or as a ciel de lit/bed crown.

Whilst on pinterest last night, I found this fabulous photo of a bathroom decorated with wallpaper in the same design.....

 photo from here
 

Ir really makes a statement but I would have liked a bit more white and favour a white framed mirror and white framed prints above the bath but that is my opinion as a lover of all things white.

On a final note, I will leave you with a photo that really caught my eye.....

                         photo from here


Hence those chairs that I purchased last weekend, just maybe in for a touch of toile de jouy......

 
              Bon week-end à tous, Leeann

Comments

  1. I really had forgotten how beautiful the Toule de Jouy designs are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cushion and the curtains, but the wall paper is just too much for me. When we moved here we had orange walls in the kitchen and large flowers on the walls in the remainder of the house. I was put off patterned walls for life!! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...it's the romance!
    xo, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Leeann,

    Toile de Jouy is one of my favorite items on my Zen Cart boutique on line: Mariette's Back to Basics. Just love it and the French Toile de Jouy's quality is excellent! Sure there are lots of fakes out there too; the inferior Chinese versions. But certainly you and I stay away from that genre!
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leeann

    A beautiful post and I have loved Toile du Jouy for the longest time.
    My dishes are Spode "Pink Tower" I made a tablecloth and napkins in red Toile du Juoy. It is a bit over the top but always brings comments

    I love the bathroom and agree with you on choice of white frames

    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan too Leann,always loved the pattern and always will.Just about to put up some wallpaper in my hallway with light grey toile on actually.If you take a look at my blog you can see I have a post on toile,like you :)
    There are sooo many inspirational pictures "out there" :)
    Tovehugs:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment