French Food Friday..decadent chocolate cake
photo and recipe from here
I love this recipe as it comes from my of my all time favourite French Chefs, Trish Deseine. Everthing she does is magic!
It is easy to prepare and always goes down a treat but don't just take my word for it, try and see for yourself.......
Decadent Almost flourless Chocolate Cake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
You will need
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter. It’s fine to do this in a microwave, but using a bain marie (a bowl over a pan of simmering water) is good, too. Just don’t do it on direct heat.
3. Let the mixture cool a little, then add the sugar and stir thoroughly.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, but without beating too much air into the mix. Fold in the flour.
5. Turn into a sandwich tin or a silicone baking mould (22cm) and cook for around 22 minutes. It should be wobbly in the middle when you take it out.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before turning out the cake.
7. Let it rest in a cool place, covered with foil.
8. Slice and serve with crème fraîche.