French Food Friday...strawberries with Cointreau

As usual, we have an abundance of strawberries at our house, hence this week's recipe uses strawberries and this is a recipe that I used last night.....

 

Ingredients

  • 500g strawberries, hulled halved or quartered, depending on size         
  • 3  tbsp Cointreau
  • zest 1 orange
  • 4 tbsp icing sugar
  • mint leaves, roughly torn, to serve

Method

  1. Tip the strawberries into a large bowl. Splash over the Cointreau, add the orange zest and sift in the icing sugar, then give everything a really good mix. Cover, then leave for 1 hr or more for the juices to become syrupy and the strawberries to soak up some of the alcohol.
  2. To serve, scatter the mint leaves over the strawberries and give them one more good stir, then spoon into individual glass dishes.

Bon appetit à tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Sounds delicious Leeann!!!

    xo

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's still Thursday here but nevertheless this sounds really delicious and simple at the same time! Thanks, Leeann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ..... sounds perfect...but today I'm trying simply strawberries sliced with balsamic.....and a few springs of mint. Parfait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wickedly delicious!! I've found your blog through Carla Coulson & am so glad I have!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leeann,
    Another mouth watering and fresh recipe! I linked your blog yesterday on my post for all my France loving readers
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberries are one of my favourite fruits and I love Cointreau - I know this will be delicious - a perfect speedy summer dessert.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment