French Food Friday...Baguette and Butter Pudding
- One Large Baguette
- Sultanas or Dried Cranberries, or Both
- 4 Large, Free Range Eggs
- Caster Sugar
- Double Cream
- Demerara Sugar
- Apricot Jam
- Baileys Adjust Quantities to Taste
- Grease an Oval Dish.
- Thinly Slice the Baguette and Butter on both sides. Layer the bread in the dish, sprinkling with the Dried Fruit between Layers.
- Make a custard using 2 egg yolks, 2 complete eggs, 150g caster sugar, 300ml Milk, 300ml Double Cream and 4tbsp Baileys (or more to taste!)
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the Custard over the bread and press down lightly with your fingers, so that the bread is submerged. Leave to soak for 15-20mins.
- Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and bake in an oven at about 150C for 40-50 minutes.
- Heat The apricot jam and brush over the baked dessert. Leave to stand for 15 minutes as the custard will keep cooking as it cools. Yummy!
Bon appetit et joyeux paques a tous, Leeann x