just arrived....

I have just finished photographing these fabulous vintage appliques.

They are by far the most unusual that I have found. Love the combination of the flowers and leaves. The unusual thing is that they have one branch which holds a light bulb and three other branches for candles.

They really do make a statement and I personally think they would look great in a hall, lounge or dining area or perhaps even a bathroom......the list is endless.

They are 100 euros each + postage. You will find more details here.
I am now off for a bike ride, a tres bientot from a still sunny and very warm SW France,
Leeann x

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful, and quite unique, especially for an Oregonian like myself. I've never seen anything quite like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very unusual and gorgeous!! I love this!

    I hope you will come and see my feature on an amazing sculptor!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    Artists Series 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the name applique?
    Is it a sconce that the electicity is reached by wires on the wall? Is it missing any of the
    jewels? Which branch has the electricity? Front or back?
    This is so interesting!!
    I have never heard of appilque.
    Love your blog,wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Andee,

    Applique is the word the the French use for wall lights. The piece that has the electricity is at the back and it is not missing any of its lovely jewels. Note the electricity part has been added later and the candle holders are original dating to the early 1900's.

    They really are stunning and are rare and were previously displayed in churches across France. Note if you would like I can email you some detailed photos if you send me your email address.

    Cordialement,

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment