French Food Friday...Gratin de Fruits Rouges

{photo from here}

Ingredients for 4 people :-
300 gr [ 10 oz] Morello cherries(fresh or frozen)
300 gr [ 10 oz] raspberries(fresh or frozen)
70 gr [2 1/2 oz] sugar
5 Tbspoons sour cream
2 egg yolks
40 gr [11/2 oz] granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Method :
1- Evenly display the fruits into the 4 ear-dishes ; pre-heat oven on grill.

2- In a salad bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar sharply so that the mixture becomes clearer and frothy. Add the sour cream and mix.
3- Pour the mixture evenly on the fruits, then sprinkle evenly the granulated sugar on top.
4- Put under the grill until it gets brown (around 10 minutes).
5- Serve right away.

Tip: you can replace cherries and raspberries by others (blueberries, blackberries...but try to always keep a balance between the sweet and the sour...)

........bon appétit à tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Oh, no! I'm still up at 2:30 am and now contemplating making this scrumptious-looking treat...Time for bed before I do something I'll regret. :)
    Happy weekend to you!~LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH looks great like a claufoutis!!!!!!! Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this looks delicious. I might just give it a try.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like one worth doing. I think I have most ingredients in the cupbaord. Many thanks for the recipe.Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! I'm a new follower!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to France in June! So glad I discovered your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment