French Food Friday...Fondant a l'orange




{Cake made by Maryvonne, photo taken by moi}




Lat weekend we visited FBF's friends that live in La Rochelle, which is a 3 1/2 hour drive from where we live and it is a city reknown for its harbour and fabulous seafood.




We appeared to spend most of our stay, eating......French hospitality is reknown and just when you think that the meal is finished, another course arrives.




I was particularly taken with the dessert that Maryvonne served, it was the most delicious orange cake that I have ever tasted in my life.




Maryvonne was kind enough to share her secret recipe/recette with me and I in turn, are sharing it with you.

For 4 personnes :

125 g flour
125 g sugar
125 g de butter
2 eggs
1 orange
1 teaspoon baking powder

For the glaze/topping :
1 orange
100 g icing sugar

Préparation time: 35 mn
Cooking time: 30 mn


1. Preheat oven to 200 ° C (gas mark 6 / 7).

2. In a bowl, work the butter with a wooden spatula. Beat in eggs and sugar and mix well.

3. Add orange juice. Gradually mix in flour, sprinkle with the zest of 2 oranges - finely grated, then add the baking powder.

4. Place the mixture into a buttered pan. Preheat oven to 200 ° C (gas mark 6 / 7). Bake for 30 minutes.

5. For the frosting, combine the orange juice and icing sugar.

6. After you have removed from the oven, unmold the cake and drizzle with half the glaze. Cool slightly and cover with the remaining glaze.




Bon appetit et bon vendredi a tous......Leeann x

Comments

  1. Leeann-
    This looks amazing. Trying this.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of your delicious recipes- this looks divine!

    XX Kathryn

    http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Maryvonne, what a team: She bakes. You capture. Well done! ;) All joking aside, this cake looks delicious. I will give it a try, Merci pour la recette. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe = I'll definitely try this. I love cake flavoured with orange (or lemon!)When I lived in Saintes we would often go to La Rochelle - lovely town and wonderful fruits de mer!

    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love citrus cakes and this one looks delicious! Great picture too. Can't wait to try this recipe and am excited it's only a few ingredients. HAve a lovely weekend, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, this sounds delicious. A great cake for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW this cake!!!!!! The picture is mouth watering!!!!!!! Believe it or not my mother used to make this cake but in a bigger version and added rhum to the glaze..... I will try this one....I think the one my mother made had a ridiculous amount of eggs like 8 and it was huge........Marci Leeann!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mention yeast, do you mean baking powder?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks simply amazing. oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorraine, thanks for pointing out the error.I have updated the instructions accordingly and admit that I was pressed for time when translating the original recipe from French to English.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment