For those of you that have seen the movie it's complicated you will recall that Merryl Streep made it for Steve Martin and it really looked great.
By using honey as opposed to sugar you end up with icecream that is deliciously creamy and the smoothest ice cream you've ever tasted.
Be warned, though - there is a caveat...this ice cream will not freeze as well as homemade ice cream usually does. For those of you who like your ice cream hard freeze the ice cream overnight to make it scoopable, instead of the standard two to three hours after churning
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup dried lavender
4 egg yolks
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1. Bring the milk, cream, honey, and lavender to a gentle boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Remove from the heat and let steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain and let cool a bit.
3.In a separate medium bowl, beat the egg yolks, then gradually add some of the warm milk mixture, whisking as you pour.
4. Pour the warmed eggs back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Strain again into a bowl.Set the bowl over a large bowl of ice water. Stir the custard until cool, then cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (3 hours or overnight).
6. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Bon appetit....Leeann x