This week's recipe is for one of my favourites and I love them when they are still warm from the oven.......c'est délicieux!
2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package/490 grams), thawed, each sheet cut into 12 squares
1 large egg beaten to blend with 1 water (for glaze)
4 x 3.5-ounce/100gram bars bittersweet or milk chocolate, each cut into six 2x3/4-inch pieces
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Brush top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze.
3.Place 1 chocolate piece on edge of 1 pastry square.
4. Roll up dough tightly, enclosing chocolate. Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate.
5. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet, seam side down. (Can be made 1 day ahead.
6. Cover pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg glaze.)
7. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.