French Food Friday...pain au chocolat



This week's recipe is for one of my favourites and I love them when they are still warm from the oven.......c'est délicieux!


Ingredients
2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package/490 grams), thawed, each sheet cut into 12 squares
1 large egg beaten to blend with 1 water (for glaze)
4 x 3.5-ounce/100gram bars bittersweet or milk chocolate, each cut into six 2x3/4-inch pieces
Sugar

Method
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.




2. Brush top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze.




3.Place 1 chocolate piece on edge of 1 pastry square.




4. Roll up dough tightly, enclosing chocolate. Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate.




5. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet, seam side down. (Can be made 1 day ahead.




6. Cover pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg glaze.)

7. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.




Bon appetit.....

Comments

  1. Did you have to share this? Now I need to make them... yummmm!
    thanks for sharing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend Leeann.....Delicious....xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come over :)
    Greetings from Scotland
    Shippy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big thank you for this! I love making things with puff pastry and these sound so easy and delicious. I'll be making them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that it is too far to get chez toi, so I may have to whip these up for a late Sunday brunch this weekend. Miam-miam!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heavens!!! Gotta make these NOW! Makes me think of It's Complicated with Meryl Streep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, thank you!
    I so enjoy reading your blog so much and now more than ever.
    Thanks for recip!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the memories... as a little girl, I would wait on my memere porch and wait for the bread man to come down the street with fresh baked goodies... these were my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness they look so delicious. And the bonus is to find out how easy they are to make with the frozen puff pastry. Someone is going to be very impressed with me soon! Thanks Leeann for sharing this recipe. xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh...brutal to see it on the screen and not be able to eat it!

    www.denysedar.com
    Your life is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the recipe. I just got back from Strasbourg and have been missing my daily pain au chocolat! I will have to try and make some for myself!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum..... thanks for sharing!!
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy... I love chocolate...

    Arezzo Catanzaro
    Italy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment