coup de foudre...




It was a case of love at first sight or as the French say "coup de foudre".

I was first saw "her" sitting pretty on the back of a truck at the vide grenier that took place in our village in the morning.

The conversation went something like this. Hello Monsieur, the chair is beautiful. How much is the chair? Monsieur replied it is 10 euros. I replied that it was a good price for such a lovely chair. Monsieur replied that "she" had a wee problem as she lacked a jambe/leg.

I bought "her" along with some other tresors and told Monsieur that I would return later to collect my tresors.

Needless to say when I told French boyfriend, who was a little tired as it was warm yesterday and he also had a stand but was not feeling himself as he has had flu for most of the week, that I had bought a chair with 3 legs, he was a little shocked that I would buy a chair with 3 legs but agreed to collect it along with the other items, at the end of the day.

It was also "coup de foudre" for him and he adores it and is going to assist with finding or having a leg made to match the other 3. My plan is to paint the chair in one of my favourite Farrow and Ball colours which is almost the same colour as the background colour on the material covering the chair.

Then I will decide where to put "her", I adore thge fact that she is not like a normal chair and has her own story to tell.

Yesterday was a great day but unfortunately I did not have time to take any photos. There were over 300 stands and the vide grenier attacted a lot of people, including many from outside the area.

I was lucky enough to buy some fabulous pieces of antique toile de jouy material including a piece of toile de jouy depicting fruit and birds in a fabulous green colour. There is also a fabulous cushion which is made from late 18th century toile de jouy amd also an antique quilt with roses on it - very shabby chic but in excellent condition.

I am hoping to photograph the items I bought this afternoon and place on either ebay or the fabulously french online shop later today.



Wishing you all a fabulous week/ Je vous souhaite à tous une semaine fabuleuse......Leeann x

Comments

  1. Bonjour L
    What a lovely chair you scored!
    I like her very much too.
    I can't wait to see her new leg and new paint job.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 euros. You made an excellent purchase. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut,
    I love this chair too! It is so chic but vintage at the same time. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brunnel would think i was crazy if i bought 3 legged chair, but i can absolutely see why you love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chair. It is almost as if she is somewhat disabled and you have rescued her and offered her a better life! Have a lovely week. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'adore; especially that soon it will have a new pretty leg; make sure sure you post a picture to show us the result!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I mentioned your blog in my French Country style post too, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has the most beautiful lines! And I couldn't help but tell you that I once bought a Louis style chair with 3 legs too, except the 4th leg was still with it and was easy to repair with a little wood glue! I just recently redid it myself using a natural color burlap with those upholstery nails for a completely different look. Your plans for yours sound fabulous! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leeann,

    Your chair is beautiful and I am sure a cabinetmaker would be able to replicate another, very easily.

    Hope that you are having a fabulous weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment