hunting for treasure....


{one of the day's finds....}


Hope that you all had a nice weekend. Here in SW France, it was hot and sunny and most of yesterday was spent hunting for treasure at the local vide greniers.

We set off at 6:30am, hence a strong expresso was required on my part as I was not so keen at the start.

Needless to say I quickly changed my mind once I saw the goodies on offer.

Returned home with.....





plus this fabulous wee lamp.....







Fabulous fragment of vintage French material which would make a fabulous cushion






Along with this very shabby chic looking light fitting, which I am planning to wax and leave it in its very shabby patine condition



Also found 4 very fabulous and very old silk panels which would look fabulous on an old armoire, will photograph these tomorrow and show you.


We even managed to fit in a leisurely bicycle ride in the country in the early evening.


So that was my weekend, how was yours?


Leeann x



Comments

  1. A 6.30am start would not be easy for me either Leeann, but even I would leap out of bed for the chance to go on this sort of treasure hunt. It must be so much fun, and once again you've found such fabulous goodies!!
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure scored!! Love all your finds! In my neck of the US we had rain rain and more rain....you lucky ducky you! Just the words "Southwest France" make my heart feel warmer. *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leeann,

    I would be out of bed early, to be able to find these treasure.
    Glad that you could go for a bicycle ride and the weather is hot and sunny there.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What great finds...everything is indeed fabulous. And such lovely light fittings can be very hard find...I know because I look for them too. I especially love the vintage fabric fragment - will you make the cushion or leave it to someone else? Have a great week, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment