The best nana a girl could wish for...


{our darling nana}


As I write this post, I am only too aware of the fact that my family are preparing to attend the funeral of my darling nana who passed away last week, in New Zealand.

I have mixed emotions; sadness that I have lost my nan but at the same time happy to have had such a great Nana.

A Nana ,who never judged but I know at times, would have liked to give me a good telling off, a nana who encouraged me to travel ( almost 1/2 my lifetime) and always told me to do what I wanted to do.


For all of these reasons and so many more, I am eternally grateful.





{darling nana with my dear sister, Donna and I}

I am also grateful to my angel of a sister- Donna, who did so much for my nana in the last months of her life, right up to organising the arrangements for today's funeral. I realise how hard it has been for you and mum helplessly watching dear nana fade away.

Although it will never make up for being there in person, I am there in spirit.


all my love, Leeann x

Comments

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Your nana was adorable. It must be very hard to not have the community of your family right now. Praying for you in your journey called grief.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful tribute, my greatest sympathies are with you at such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you, I just had a similar experience of losing the patriarch of our family. It reminded me of the importance of family history and making sure that the next generations know where they came from. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like an amazing lady. Makes me miss my Nana too!
    Thinking of you Leeann.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leeann,

    So sorry for the passing of your dear Nana and sending my sincere condolences to you and your family. May you have comfort at this sad time, in remembering all the happy memories you had with your Nana.

    Sending hugs
    Carolyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's at times like these that it's hardest to be away from family. Three of my grandparents passed away while I was living overseas.

    Tears are healing, let them fall. Your Nana looks like a sweetheart.

    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this news. Keep the hapy times close at heart and celebrate her life.
    xo
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leeann, such a sad day for you made all the harder by being so very far away from all those you love - I'm thinking of you today. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leeann, I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and please know you have prompted me to pick up the phone to tell my Granny how much I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear of your loss. My God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Nana you were blessed with Leeann. Goodbyes like these are always the hardest. Thinking of you across the miles.
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Leeann
    You've expressed a beautiful tribute to your Nana, with this post.

    I'm sending thoughts and prayers for you at this very sad time.

    Take care and God Bless
    hugs
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a wonderful and special Nana. Sorry for your loss, what a sweet tribute to her.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Condolences and thoughts of your sad loss.. always keep your Nana alive in your heart with fond memories of how she touched your/so many lives.. Blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to hear of your news.
    She will always live in your heart and your memories, like my darling friend, Lori, who died on the April 19th three years ago. She had a stroke at the age of 50.
    May God give you piece and comfort!

    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I send you my love and a big hug Leeann. I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Nana. The photo of the three of you is precious. I lost my grandmother at the end of February and I know it's painful.

    Hugs to you~
    T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment