vendredi fleurs...

The first Friday in March, where did February go? Did it pass as quickly for you?

Whilst reading NZ House and Garden online, I noticed a tip for arranging tulips so thought that I would give it a go.

This morning we went to the market and I selected a "straight" looking bunch of tulips and this afternoon we rummaged in the local countryside for moss.

This is the finished product, which I am proud of as normally my flowers get shorter and shorter when I try my hand at floral arrangements.

For anyone that also wants to try, the steps are detailed below the photo.....



Steps courtesy of the NZ Home and Garden Magazine.

You’ll need: a large decorative vessel, a smaller vase to fit inside with room to spare, about three bags of moss (depending on size of each vessel), about ten bunches of tulips.

Note I only used one bunch of tulips but think that it depends on the size of your vase abd the look that you are after.

Step One
Start by placing a layer of moss into the bottom of the larger vase, pressing it in and packing it flat.

Step Two
Position the smaller vase on top of this moss base in the larger vase. Use more moss to fill the gap between the two, working it up the sides until you reach the top of the larger vase and the smaller one is obscured (it anchors the smaller one too). Half-fill the smaller vase with water.

Step Three
Place tulips in the water, starting from the outside edge and working around (it is easier to grab a handful than single blooms and the effect is more natural). Work the tulips into the centre, ensuring the middle bunches are slightly higher to create a soft, rounded shape.

Top up with water every day as tulips are thirsty. You may notice that the arrangement moves into different shapes over time – this is because tulips continue to “grow” after being cut.

.......Bonne fin de semaine a tous....

Leeann x

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, they look beautiful. The moss and clear vase add so much! Love it.

    Hugs,
    Candylei

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea - I always find that after a day or so tulips start to wilt but the vase-in-a-vase arrangement should prevent this. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! These look fabulous. I wonder where I could get moss?
    Have a lovely Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips are the most lovely flowers, they have a mind of their own which is what I adore about them.
    The way you have displayed them is gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leeann,

    Your tulips are such a pretty pink and I like the way you have arranged them with the moss.

    Have a wonderful weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful arrangement, it makes me feel that Spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful tulips Leeann and perfect for a touch of spring!

    Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and ready for Spring, but one last hoorah at the ski slopes before winter becomes a faint memory!

    Thanks for the insiring project!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a magnificent idea! I love the moss filled vase. I have some gorgeous clear vases, but sometimes they can look a little boring! I would love to use this idea as an inspiration for a spring tablescape.
    Beautiful blog. I am a new follower!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tulips! Some of my favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment