a good idea..


{fabulous shop in St Emilion, photo taken by moi}


Bonjour from a sunny but chilly SW France,

Hope that you had a nice weekend. We spent yesterday afternoon at a furniture auction but I will tell you more about that later in the week.

Last weekend we bought a lot of wine cases as we thought that they would make good storage, as shown in the photo above.

I particularly liked the idea of making a set of drawers with them or perhaps even a serving tray like this.

{photo from here}


We have quite a few boxes and wine box ends so any ideas that you have would be gratefully received...


Mille mercis et bonne semaine a tous.....

Leeann x

Comments

  1. Love your picture of the shop through the open purple door! Just a tantalising glimpse inside of artefacts perfect for the maison francaise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drawer idea. The one you shown here is wonderful. You are so lucjy to have found the wine crates. Hope you are keeping warm.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would take a case of the Chateau Ausone...hopefullyb it is a 1982...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both these ideas - if there were French wine cases on hand in Aus i would take both in my house.
    lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bothe wonderfulideas which I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas - wish I had some wine cases. I particularly like the tray idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both ideas are really cute! Can't wait to see what you scored at the auction! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tray! I used a bunch of wine crates once and took them apart and covered the top of a table in them. The table had a little lip around it. I glued them down and then used a dark wood stain, it was Gorgeous!!! Good luck with your projects!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tray just beautiful!

    I have an Artful Offering and great interview on my site.You will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is such a great look to use the wine crates as drawers. And how perfect is use the tray to serve up some wine! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very curious to know more about that quaint store in Saint Emilion. Do you have any more pictures of it, or the name of the store? If your ever looking to decorate your home or build furniture with wine crates visit www.winepine.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment