Lost bread & patine update.


{fabulous loaf of brioche,see below}

It is 10h33 Monday morning and I feel exhausted already.......

My morning started with a quick trip to the Post Office to post an item that I sold on etsy and to collect some antique handles for a set of drawers (commode in french) in our bedroom.


Although it looked so fabulously shabby it was not terribly practical with it's missing handles so I have spent a few weeks searching for some on ebay.fr and was happy to collect them this morning.

I also picked up a fabulous french print......which is titled "Le Lever" and has a fabulous french poem underneath.


Sorry about the photo, I will take a better one later today.

Yesterday we went to a vide grenier in a village not far from where we live and I found a few goodies which I will tell you about later in the week.

We also managed to squeeze in the marche aux puces/flea market at Bergerac which is held on the first Sunday on every month. Although we did not buy anthing there were some fabulous antiques on display and we enjoyed learning about the many items on display.

Then it was off to lunch at the divine Madame M's where we were treated to a very fabulous french lunch.

We particularly enjoyed the pain perdu = which translates to lost bread in English. This is a famous French dessert made with brioche (sweet bread) and was served with caramalised apple and creme but is also great on its own or with other fruit.

It is similar to what the English call "eggy bread" but I think much nicer, please do not tell Mr FF that I said this.

For those of you that are interested I have posted the recipe on my other blog where I am storing many of our favourite recipes.

Many of you have asked about the Patine paint workshops, taught by my very fabulous & creative kiwi friend Ange who many of you know through reading her very entertaining blog signed by ange.

We will be holding these in an art sudio, walking distance from Maison No. 20 and will be announcing the dates for these, towards the end of the week.

Also later in the week I will be introducing some fabulous Australian friends with some french connections and they have even written a book, which I am sure you will all find very interesting.

Think that is pretty much it for now, I am off to start my daily chores.....

A tres bientot,

L x

Comments

  1. I have to laugh because I am slowly picking up a few French words on here, but when I read your previous post I thought vide grenier may be the movies. So when I read today that you found a few things there, I looked it up and now that makes more sense to me! (I did know what brocante was though!) I look forward to reading about the patine workshops. Happy Monday! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you live the sweet life that many of us envy.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Belgium we also know the lost bread! And it tastes very delicious!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have a slice of that d*lish looking bread? Happy Monday doll kiss::kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day you had yesterday... a little bit of everything. If I lived nearby, I would certainly sign up for the patine classes.....and, the English 'eggy bread' is pretty good too !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patine classes sound so interesting, hmmm you really are not far from Paris...Looking forward to meeting your fabulous Australian friends.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leeann,

    Glad that you had a fun and busy weekend.
    Your patine classes sound wonderful and look forward to hearing about them.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see what you found at the vide grenier!
    love your idea of a painted/rubbed off french style frame for my needlepoint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's get those dates organised then! I can't wait to do this with you... Off to make some 'eggy lost bread' for the kids' goûter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy in the very best way possible. So happy to hear that someone is able to enjoy the brocante. I wish the dealers in the states would brave the cold like they do in France:) Can't wait for th update on the patine classes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment