Snow, snow, glorious snow

{snow on one our pots at Maison No 20....}


Hope that you all had a fabulous weekend whether hot or cold.

Ours as you know was a chilly and white one.

I thought that you may like to see some of the photos that I took at the weekend....

Snow on the roof of our neighbour's house, I love the contrasts of the snow on the roof combined with the old stone walls and the dark wooden trim - gorgeous!

This is looking down the street, aren't the footprints in the snow great? Evidence of life in the village.

This is the road outside Maison No. 20, with some more foot prints. Many people living in the village do not own cars and prefer to travel on foot or by bicycle. It is one of the perks of living in the village, everything that you need is within stepping distance.



Last but no no means least, our entrance dusted with snow......

Unfortunately it has stopped snowing today and we do not have anymore forecast this week. This makes me sad but I have quickly realised that it is dangerous, especially in this part of France as the locals are not used to having it which resulted in many cars sliding off the road at the weekend, luckily no-one was hurt.

I will be back later with details of my winged "object".

A bientot,

L x

Comments

  1. Ohhh - looks very fairytale-ish! I am looking forward to posting my picks too! Kids back to school and I'm still in my PJs. With all the ice, I won't likely have any one dropping in on my by surprise so I'm still safe for now. Isn't all this snow pretty? I'm so not driving on the ice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeann, your snowy village looks delightful and thanks for sharing your winter wonderland.
    Do stay warm and take care on the roads.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Leeann - I am imagining the coolness - Melbourne sweltered today in a temperature of 43 degrees! Crazy... Your photos look fantastic..
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU LIVE IN SUCH AN ENCHANTING PLACE!!! SOOOO ROMANTIC WITH THAT SNOW!
    HAPPY WEEK,
    ROSA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leeann!
    I hope you are staying warm and safe in the snow. Your village is so quaint and lovely! I especially love your entrance. The pots on either side of your door with the evergreen topiaries are so pretty. I love the color of your door and shutters, too...so country french!
    C'est magnifique!
    Have a wonderful day. I hope to see you again soon!
    XoXo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful ... so very story-book-like

    i'm a little jealous ... and NOT of the snow hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing photos - I especially love the footprint one! This is as close as I get to the cold.
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have lots and lots of snow here in the Chicago area...too much! It always looks the prettiest though when there is just a dusting like you got!

    Really beautiful photos!!

    Happy new week ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the entrance to your home, it's so lovely. I remember years ago when I lived in Belgium, the lovely little cobblestone streets and the charming homes all lined up down the streets.
    Thanks for showing us the loveliness of your world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment