Show & Tell Friday...


{Image from here}
I discovered the My Romantic Home blog entirely by accident - as one does, and am very happy that I did as it is so pretty.

I have not played "show and tell" since I was a small child growing up in NZ so thought that participating in the show and tell Friday event on this blog would be fun...


These are some old Parisian buttons that I found at a local vide grenier.
These look great framed or alternatively arranged together with other vintage sewing items.
I also bought this box of sewing cotton, I love the box with the pretty fish and the colour of the cotton is such a delicate pink colour.

And who could resist, these fabulous darning wool cards, they are tres joli....


You will find more details about these in the fabulously French online shop which is being updated every couple of days at present.
I think that the "show and tell" idea is a great one and am sure that you all have lots to show and tell, so if so you know where to do this now :-)
Bon vendredi a tous,
L x

Comments

  1. Wow I LOVE this post! I am absolutely addicted to all thiings sewing related and have a lovely vintage button collection which I use all the time! Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! - Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L, I must check out that blog, sounds great. Loving your buttons, thread, and the cards of darning wool (got a few socks that I could use that on!)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful Leeann - Love the buttons especially and can imagine they must look great framed. Thanks for showing and telling!
    SE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. What a wonderful collection.

    My show n tell is all about Valentine stuff this week.

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your show and tell. Even the packaging is so much prettier than what you get here. I will have to have a look at that blog - thanks.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you from My Romantic Home. Loving your blog already - I'm following! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh....great vintage sewing stuff. I would love to have all that for my sewing room.
    Love all the colors.

    Happy Friday.

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leeann
    Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog
    Wish you a wonderful weekend!
    xx
    Lene

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful collection....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your buttons reminded me of a lovely Victorian Inn we used to stay here on the coast of Maine before we moved back. The owner had the most gorgeous antique buttons displayed in beautiful oval frames and I learned there are actually templates for displaying them. Lovely finds you have there, I love the pink cotton too! Lili

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only I could sew!! Great with a hot glue gun though LOL!!~Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Your post reminded me that I have some of my grandmother's sewing items that she had and never used. I believe I will get them out and create some type of display.

    Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Leeann,

    What a great idea, show and tell, yes, I remember doing this at school all those years ago!
    I love sewing notions too ~ love the pale pink thread and the buttons.
    I wonder if anyone darns socks anymore? I know my Mum used to do my Dads.

    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment