10 things and award time.....

{image from here}

I have been the lucky recipient of a couple of awards lately but have not had a chance to acknowledge them but I plan to over the next week or so.

Merci beaucoup to the creative croquette for bestowing the happy 101 award on "Fabulously French".

With this award I'm to list 10 things that make me happy and try to do at least one today.

I then have to tag 10 bloggers that brighten my day and they are to link back to my blog and make their own 'Makes Me Happy' list.


So here goes.........




10 things that make me happy




1. Mr FF (was going to put this last but you are top of my list).

2. Interior design magazines - love them and am a firm believer that one can never have too many.

3. Coffee ( I cannot live without it and adore the taste of the first cup in the morning).

4. Searching through flea markets/antique markets for treasures.

5. Cooking - I cannot live on one type of cuisine alone which means that in the space of a week we could have up to 7 types; Indian, Thai, Moroccan, Chinese, French, Fusion + British -Mr FF is English so I thought it best to include this. Now you know whay Mr FF is top of the list as he loves all food and is willing to try anything a go.

6. Exercise - I am one of those people that has to do it otherwise I am grumpy.

7. Meeting new people - in real or through blogging - I cannot believe how this thing called blogging has impacted my world - what a fabulous way in which to meet people and learn new things at the same time.

8. Music - love music, rock, pop, classical, jazz, opera - thanks to spotify as this gives me the chance to listen to albums then buy

9. Freshly laundered white linen - there is nothing like getting into a bed with crisp white linen which has a delicate fresh smell- I could not live without my "Fleurs Blanches" perfumed ironing water.

10. Dreaming - because sometimes dreams do come true.

It is hard to choose 10 blogs that brighten my day as all the blogs that are on my "Blog Amour" list make me smile, but here are a few that spring to mind....

1. signed by ange, always profound and Ange is such a busy little bee

2. brabourne farm, Leigh always posts such inspiring photos and we would all love to know more about her.

3. les cotrions, Vale has great taste and I love reading about her life in Italy .


4.rajee sood - lovely interior design blog with a touch of India.

5. small acorns - Amanda is the owner of a fabulous shop in NZ and writes about fun things .

6. st mary - Mary's blog inspires me to complete our renovation.

7. the house that AM built - love A-M's aussie can do attitude (very similar to moi).

8. vintage rose - love reading about Amanda's life in Tasmania (place that reminds me so much on NZ).

9. the photographers life - Blayne gets to photograph the most fabulous houses every day .

10. fearless nester - I love reading about Lili's experiences in Maine - you are fearless and so inspiring!

I am now off to do most of the above things on my list so it is a busy day for moi...

Bon courage a tous,



L x

Comments

  1. great news - congratulations!!

    Love the list of 10 things that make you happy, we have quite a few of those in common (but have never met Mr FF so that's not one of them :)

    well deserved!

    jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! I love your list of 10 things as well as the wonderful blogs you listed. I will have to go and visit them. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xx, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list, and I am enjoying the blog.
    Have a great day,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to make my list of Ten and we share a lot in common.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations.... we have so many similarities... wish i had the exercise bug like you do! have a wonderful day... x pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you darling. Thank you for mentioning me. I love your list... it's perfect. I will have to think seriously about mine...which comes first coffee or children?... ha! Please tell me how I can become addicted to exercise... it is a real struggle for me.... and I was a Dietitian in a previous life (10kg ago!). I would have to exercise if i lived in France... all that gorgeous food! Happy Day to you Leeann. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the blog! I love the list :)
    Happy Wednesday,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there sweetie pie. Merci mille fois darling for bestowing that 101 award on me! You know what - I bestowed it on you first earlier on in January but didn't tell you... it was a bit sneaky of me I know. Guess that means we must really appreciate each other, and I'm very touched. Miss you by the way so will be planning a trip up as soon as the busy beeness ebbs a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Leann for mentioning me! I'm very honoured and happy! Congratulations to you!!! Very nice knowing something more about you! I've to think about my list now!
    Grazie!!!
    Bonne soirée!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely thoughts today - warm and fuzzy and so nice to get to know you some more :)x Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Leeann, thank you, thank you! You truly made my day today! This was my first ever blog award and it sure feels wonderful knowing it came from someone whose blog I admire and enjoy so much. And now I will go work on my 10 things list too. It was fun to read about yours ... already I see we share a few. Congrats to you too! - Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leeann, have just got back into an area with internet access, and got such a lovely surprise to find myself mentioned on your awards list. I love your list of 10, and will have to think hard about mine! Coffee will be on it for sure! And I can't wait to check out the other fabulous sounding blogs. Thank you so much!
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your awards! And I love your list x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to my blog as a new follower!
    I need to sit down & look through your blog & get to know you a bit :o)
    talk to you later!
    -Sylvi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! I love your list of 10 things that make you happy, and hope you get to enjoy some of them today :) - Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Happy List :)

    Yes, I too wish to know how to become addicted to exercise so that it makes me happy. I only can do this in spurts. Unfortunately, the in-between times are far too long.

    Love the image. I am there everyday in my head.

    xo-z

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations !! I love awards , we know more about each blogger thanks to them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Leeann

    What a lovely surprise to be included in your list - thank you! Congratulations on your award - I think you give to many of us a little glimpse of day to day life in France and it's just lovely. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your ten things! Thank you so much for tagging me... I love your blog, and I am so happy to brighten your day with mine! Can't wait to check out the other award winners... and start making my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Leeann,

    Congratulations on your Award and we have many of the same things, we love.
    The image is so lovely.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Leeann,
    Recently I met some lovely French tourists ,while vacationing at Goa ...I was at this beautifuland quite home stay ... in a village ... and I often thought about you and yourhome stay ... and them ... boom I come back ...start wondering about this sudden inflow of readers from your blog ... so this snoopy investigator is hear ... ;) ... only to find such a lovely surprise ... wow, thank you so much for taging me. I absolutely love it.(ear to ear grin) ... ;)
    I do indeed have tons to thank you about ... for all the lovely posts you do.Keeps tugging at my heart to one day travel over at where you are.How about some Indian guests Leeann ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment