Fabulous Christmas lights......

{all images - moi}

Yesterday was one of those days, you know the sort of day that I am talking about - lots of things that need to be done and time seems to slip away.

I was hoping to spend the day delivering gifts but spent 1/2 the day making them and the other half on chores that took more time than I thought they would.

We were also hoping to go into Bergerac, which is the closest biggest town and is 1/2 an hours drive away but took a lot longer as it was raining. I do not mind the snow as it is pretty to look at but the rain is not pretty and gets in the way when trying to take photos of pretty Christmas lights.

Hence most of my photos were taken from inside the car....


I adore these lights, simple yet oh so effective.....



These tree shaped lights are very pretty and were in one of the carparks.



Christmas is nothing without a few stars....

But this is my favourite photo which I took while sheltering from the rain. I was hoping to take some photos of the marche de noel but they were packing up as it was pouring with rain by this stage.

Today I am spending the day delivering cards and presents, I was thinking of dressing Mr FF up as an elf, but I have a feeling that he would be like a naughty child and would not keep the costume on for very long.

Have a fabulous Wednesday/Je vous souhaite un mercredi fabuleux,

L x

Comments

  1. Hi Leeann, Even in the rain, it looks very beautiful, and so festive. Have a very Merry Christmas. I've so enjoyed reading and viewing your lovely blog since I discovered this blogging world, and look forward to catching up in the new year. Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. too gorgeous, leeann; sorry for the rain, but the pics make me long to be in france this christmas! having said that, we are about to enjoy a fabulous holiday season and come and visit dordogne in may/june - will be in touch in 2010. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiwi budgie!
    Just wanted to wish you too a wonderful Wednesday and say that your Christmas lights are beautiful!!! Ours aren't worth the photo - even in full sunshine! I will put my Wednesday post up later of my FIRST christmas in Paris. Wish I had photos of the lights there ...LOTS OF LOVE and merriment to you dearie
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorite photo from inside makes the strands of light look like they are hanging in the sky.....so pretty.
    Paris is certainly lovely.

    Merry Noel to you and your family.

    ~~hugs~~
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful, wonderful holiday - I have so enjoyed sharing the year with you . Thank you for all your inspirations - here is to a great 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Leeann,
    I am just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    I am so happy to have met you this year and look forward to a continuing friendship in 2010!
    Your pictures of the holiday lights and decorations and so pretty. It really puts you in the mood. I hope you are recovering from the snowstorm
    and hope your visitors were able to make it in to share the holidays with you.
    Wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year too!
    XoXo,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lights and decoration sare still lovely in spite of the rain.
    WIshing you a Merry CHristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos! I love that you hand deliver your cards and gifts. You are such an inspiration! Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!...rain and all. I would love to spend Christmas here someday. And the merriest Christmas to you and a New Year filled with peace, hope and happiness. ~jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so beautiful!! We were in Paris last New Years, and I was so totally blown away by all the amazing decorations everywhere, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have done Paris in the Springtime but Christmas would be fabulous. I wonder how good you have to be to get an airline ticket to France in your stocking. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you shared these photos, they are festive and beautiful. It put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very beautiful.
    WISHING WISHING WISHING upon a star...I was there.
    Happy Holidays...
    ooo xxx
    Cathleen alyce

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved all the photos of the lights...especially the lights stretched across the street like angel wings! Wow! And thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please come back! I have signed up as one of your faithful followers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aKmmnnejwew [url=http://bit.ly/elancreditcard]elan credit card[/url] DekgrbedBGrerak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment