.............Bichon Frise puppies. My love affair with the Bichon Frise started a long time ago, back in New Zealand when I went to see some Bichon Frise puppies and ended up bringing a very tiny white ball of fluff home with me.
My mother and sister also share this love, as my mum has a beautiful Bichon called Leroy, who is now in his advancing years and is spoilt rotten.
For those of you who have not heard about Bichon Frise, here are a few facts:
- Country/Region of Origin: Belgium, France and the Mediterranean region.
- Original purpose: lap dogs for French royalty
- Name: French for "curly lap dog." Also called: Bichon à poil fries or Tenerife Dog.
- Historical notes: The Bichon Frise dog breed has roots going back to the Middle Ages. The breed was a favorite of French royalty from the 15th century through the Revolution. Farmers in Norway have recently used Bichons for rounding up sheep.
- Bichons do not shed their fur, as a result these dogs are one of the hypoallergenic dog breeds popular to people with allergies.
- They are a small dog annd are the the same size as a large domestic cat
- Bichons are intelligent little dogs and demonstrate an inquisitive personality. They are very energetic and enjoy going for long walks, climbing on furniture, and chewing bones. However, Bichons are most comfortable being close to their owners regardless of the activity, and enjoy lounging as lap dogs
The bichon is on the far right of the photo, resembling a oversize powder puff! I love this photo, they all look so cute, not sure how long it would have taken the photographer to capture this shot but have a feeling that it may have taken a few goes....
ps I have a new project.....yes it requires painting but is quite small......will tell you more about it tomorrow :-)