French Friday - Strawberries


I promised Ak that I would participate in French Friday so have been trying to think of something french that I adore.........

There are so many fabulous things but one that springs to mind is french strawberries.

The area that we live in is famous for its strawberries, which are rated as some of the best in the world. We even have a Confrérie de la Fraise du Périgord, the brotherhood of the Périgord strawberry!).


They are the gariguette variety, usually the most precocious of varieties and one that is non-remontante, which means that the bushes bloom only once a year.

They are tasty and sweet and have the most amazing texture complete with delicious scent.

They are great on their own but one of my favourite recipes is french rice pudding with strawberries, it is so yummy!




Enjoy your Friday where ever you maybe in the world and if you feel like indulging in somemore french things please visit AK's fabulous blog for more french things....


L x

Comments

  1. Another beautiful post!!Strawberries are big in Norway too, the norwegian strawberries are coming soon in the stores and we eat them with cream!I never tasted french strawberries, but I`m sure they`re delicious! Have a great friday! AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is Strawberries with vanilla bean ice cream Hum!
    I love strawberries and love nothing more than buying a whole punnet full and eating them for a snack! I wonder how differnet a French strawberry is to a Australian one??

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite strawberries ... nothing better. Your strawberries with the French rice pudding looks yummy. Enjoy!
    I bought some the other day at the supermarket that had been imported. I will not be doing that again, as they were not sweet so I will wait until the season is here.

    I love 2CV's and had a friend that had one.
    I always wanted one myself the Dolly that was two tone one and so chic. A real girly car and they do make you smile and happy.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cate,

    I lived in Sydney for a few years, infact I have an Australian passport as a result of this. A french strawberry has quite a different flavour, I think that it has a lot to do with the soil. It is like wine, some wines you can taste the soil...

    You will have to come and try them for yourself one day!

    Bon weekend

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so delicious!
    I bet you have to live there to get them exactly at the moment of ripeness...
    In Paris, they look pretty but don't taste as pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leeann
    I would love to do a trip to France. I have been a few times but it would be great to have a local to show me around...
    See you one day

    Cate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment