We ♥ the Loire


 Bonjour mes belles,

We are back from our holiday and I must say I do not like that post holiday feeling.

I am now ploughing my way through the laundry and have yet to finish unpacking my suitcase.

The only positive is that the weather is sunny and hot here, it is 10 degrees warmer here than in Normandy.

On our way to Normandy we stopped in the Loire for a couple of nights.which allowed us to visit Chateau Valencay.


We had picked the perfect time to visit as there were not a lot of visitors, which allowed us to take our time and soak in the ambiance.


Faded Glory comes to mind and it is one of those chateaus that is authentic and has not been touched since the late 1800's. 

For mle it was a little tired but French Boyfriend was in his element, being an Antiques dealer he prefers to see chateaux that have been untouched as they act as pieces of French history.


The rooms were large and contained some interesting pieces of furniture, used by the family and guests visiting the chateau.




The family portraits were impressive as were the mirrors and chandeliers.




Love the detail at the top of this mirror.



The crystal chandeliers were beautiful and I was in chandelier heaven.


Speaking of chandeliers, I need to clean a couple of our small ones before our guests arrive.


Belle journee a tous et a demain ♥


Leeann x  






Comments