French Food Friday - Beef Bourguignon

 





Beef Bourguignon is a dish full of memories for me. When I first came to France I opened a Bed and Breakfast in a small chraming village not far from where we live now.

I decorated it with lots of toile de jouy and French antiques.

Breakfast was served in the dining room and the guests had the option of having dinner in the dining room or outside on the terrace.

The most popular menu consisted of French Onion Soup as a starter, Beef Bourguignon as a main and Chocolate Mousse for dessert.

That was then and now, I live in a different village with my french lover who also happens to be my best friend, who as you know is an antiques dealer and he loves his fgood almost as much as I love cooking for him.

This weekend we are hosting a dinner party and on the menu is beef bourguignon.

As I write this, the beef is marinating in Pinot Noir and later this morning the cooking will begin. Instead of using my normal recipe I am trying out a  different one as my recipe does not marinate the meat before hand and I am interested to see and taste the diffrence marinating makes.


I have chosen to use the recipetineats recipe which looks fabulous as I used Nagi's recipe for cannelloni last week which was simply divine and one of the best we have ever eaten outside of Italy.


So from our house to yours, 

 wishing you a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ♥


Leeann x 





Comments